The CWF Africa to the Americas Expedition reached a dramatic conclusion last weekend with the capsizing of the OAR Northwest rowboat 375 nautical miles north of Puerto Rico. Now the rowers have been rescued and are safely back on shore to continue their marine conservation efforts.
The CWF Education webinar, an interactive conversation with the rowers that was scheduled to happen live from the boat, will now take place on dry land!
- When: Friday, April 12 at 1:00 1:30pm Eastern Time/10:00-10:30am Pacific Time
- How to join: Reserve a spot today to have your class take part in this exclusive interactive conversation!
- What will be discussed: The rowers’ incredible adventure, what they learned, their amazing rescue, and what’s next.
To get ready for the big event, your class can prepare by watching our other CWF Education webinars:
- What the rowers were seeing out there
- Ocean habitats and wildlife
- How we use the ocean
- Marine conservation
CWF would like to thank the OAR Northwest rowers who believed enough in conserving our marine environment that they risked their lives to raise awareness of the danger the world’s oceans are in. If you are unable to attend the event, it will be recorded for use in your classroom.
Luba Mycio-Mommers, Ph. D.
Director of Education